Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope you will enjoy reading about and watching my progress of various needlework projects, family events and other items worth noting about my life. Please feel free to leave comments.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Finish and more



I know it has only been a week since I posted this as a WIP but I have him finished. Of course there is more to add to the vest but this 1st part is done. I decided to use some Krenick 032 to back stitch the smoke to make it stand out more and give it a little sparkle. It doesn't show that well here but it does in real life.




I am so excited because earlier this week I found some long lost patterns that I have been looking for in my stash for over a year! Now I can start yet another project for Christmas. It is a pattern from Stoney Creek, a stocking showing the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker dancing in the dreams of a little girl. My mom has asked me to make this for the baby daughter of our masseuse. She is turning 1 in just a few weeks and this will be something fun to work on for her.
Well school starts around here tomorrow so there is some hope that I will be able to get some work soon. My son starts his senior year of high school and just as I am getting used to that I also have to through in his starting to drive as well. Where has the time gone. I know this year will go by faster than any other and he will be graduating and turning 18 before I know it. I am very excited for him and feel confident that he will succeed in everything he sets out to do.
I think I will take advantage of the husband being off at work today and spend my afternoon stitching and watching classic movies that drive him crazy. And tomorrow I will put all my 4-H projects in order for the year. One less thing to worry about each month.
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment